Dermal Layer Protection
Effects of Topical Vitamin C:
- Antioxidant – Protects skin from the inner part, neutralizes free radicals in order to prevent skin aging and damages
- Prevents UV immunosuppression
- Stimulates collagen production
- Inhibits melanin production
- 72 hours protection effect (Reservoir Effect) – Vitamin C absorbs quickly once it applies on skin, which can not be washed or rubbed easily
Variety of Vitamin C formulation:
- L-Ascorbic Acid is the chirally correct form of Vitamin C and the most effective for the skin.
- Low in pH level (lower than pH3.5, acidic)
- High in concentration (15% – 20%)
- High stability, will not get oxidized easily.